2WAP

Chit chat Room Needs Revitalisation

20 replies 196 views #Suggestions
Chit Chat seems completely dead! I don't think this is an understatement? If am wrong, Someone should correct me... However Liam and team doing great work on other section of the site but I'll emphasise here much work needs to be done to revitalise Chit-chat I've been opportune to see newbies going to Chit-chat and see if people are there to chat with but sadly left when its empty and later resort to their inbox, and worsen the issue inbox is also empty... Shall we drop our opinion here how chit chat could be active, in fact I've resort to my candid opinion... INBOX MUST BE COMPLETELY SCRAP FROM MEMBERS TO CHAT 2wap robot smarty can only notify members as usual and if this is done I think members will either chat openly in chat room, private themselves with password or even hold contest like debate for specific time and winner emerge.... I shall be glad if we can give it a try, newbies won't be wandering about lonely and we won't be depending on forums which some just read and left. You can see topic id: 3356819 #CandidOpinionPls
#3
I like your way of thinking, and it may be true that the chat rooms would be frequented more without the inbox. But it's only one solution, and I think you would agree it's not the most ideal one. It's far better if we can present the chat rooms in a way that attracts people to join in there rather than forces them to. Also, the inbox is a feature I've put some of my best work into improving and upgrading, so I'd hesitate to deprive anyone of that smiley I just need to continue doing the same for the chat section I guess.
#5
Ragnorak: I like your way of thinking, and it may be true that the chat rooms would be frequented more without the inbox. But it's only one solution, and I think you would agree it's not the most ideal one. It's far better if we can present the chat rooms in a way that attracts people to join in there rather than forces them to. Also, the inbox is a feature I've put some of my best work into improving and upgrading, so I'd hesitate to deprive anyone of that smiley I just need to continue doing the same for the chat section I guess.
I shared your effort improving the inbox and its tools perhaps most of all automatic refresh! Come to think of it, scraping the inbox might not be the most ideal solution but I've made a deep thought what feature could bring the chit chat alive for usage 24/7 if not Scrapping the inbox.... Good, that u have taken a look @ few other site I called your attention and see how the rooms were active, even its newbie will know here's alive sighting members in rooms. People can't be forced to chat in a general room, as 2wap has a distinct features/tools for members willing to chat private can do that in chat! If I chose to chat with a close frnd for intimate purpose all I'll do is to grant access to the frnd!.... I'll pause here and also willingly to learn from members candid opinion and not a personal ones
#6
d inbow cnt b scrap 4 chatrms, let d admins nd top members,anytym they r online,they should go 2 d chatrm invitin ppl in by throwin in gud qustns whr users cn post thr views.frm thr those loggin in seein dat ppl r in d chatrm wil go thr immediately 2 c whts goin on thr.
#7
I have seen chat sites where they have chat games there. what abt havin some here? that wld make a big difference n probably it will make our chatroomz more active like it used to be.
#8
Tweetums: I have seen chat sites where they have chat games there. what abt havin some here? that wld make a big difference n probably it will make our chatroomz more active like it used to be.
smiley....smiley
#10
Tweetums: I have seen chat sites where they have chat games there. what abt havin some here? that wld make a big difference n probably it will make our chatroomz more active like it used to be.
i agree 100% with u. smiley
#13
Ragnorak: I like your way of thinking, and it may be true that the chat rooms would be frequented more without the inbox. But it's only one solution, and I think you would agree it's not the most ideal one. It's far better if we can present the chat rooms in a way that attracts people to join in there rather than forces them to. Also, the inbox is a feature I've put some of my best work into improving and upgrading, so I'd hesitate to deprive anyone of that smiley I just need to continue doing the same for the chat section I guess.
Here's 10 month ago, You can see topic id: 3356819 I think you can let the inbox stay only for receiving smarty message and not members chat
#14
Ajibola: Here's 10 month ago, You can see topic id: 3356819 I think you can let the inbox stay only for receiving smarty message and not members chat
The most I would do is make it so that for one hour each day the inbox becomes unavailable. But thinking about that gives me a much better idea. Remember, the sun is more effective than the wind at making a man take off his coat. How about if for one hour each day, each member shall receive 100 pluses for every minute they spend in the Green Room? So for the full 60 minutes that would be 6,000 pluses. The pluses can come from the billions in my account (generously gifted from Jacki) to keep the economy under control. This way, even newbies could earn enough to buy lottery tickets.
#16
Ragnorak: The most I would do is make it so that for one hour each day the inbox becomes unavailable. But thinking about that gives me a much better idea. Remember, the sun is more effective than the wind at making a man take off his coat. How about if for one hour each day, each member shall receive 100 pluses for every minute they spend in the Green Room? So for the full 60 minutes that would be 6,000 pluses. The pluses can come from the billions in my account (generously gifted from Jacki) to keep the economy under control. This way, even newbies could earn enough to buy lottery tickets.
Haven read your reply over and over again and taken a deep breath hmmmmm! I could see u want much stay of the inbox alive perhaps cos of effort input? well not to forget the creation of 2wap-Shop is how to curb excessive pluses in economy? And these users have somehow responds to balance the currency of 2wap in nearest future spending from their respective account. 1).. I don't think going to chat section alone cos of 100pluses per minute gonna interest user when many with abundant pluses won't be moved/bother cos of enormous in their account but rather members should go there to spend their pluses on Chat Games 2)Why not make it this way as my opinionsmileyChoose like random time zone out of 24hrs, inbox should be unavailable for 12hrs, such that inbox usage turns off after every 4hrs and member resolves to chitchat?
#17
Ajibola: 1).. I don't think going to chat section alone cos of 100pluses per minute gonna interest user when many with abundant pluses won't be moved/bother cos of enormous in their account but rather members should go there to spend their pluses on Chat Games
I will also look into adding some simple games there soon.
#20
Ragnorak: I will also look into adding some simple games there soon.
cool smiley how about Final Fantasy Type-0? Im sure many will come to chatroom if you make it mmorpg smiley

Log in or join to reply.