2WAP

Reformation of 2wapworld

28 replies 392 views #Suggestions
Here we are going to see new looks with new body of 2wapworld. Post here, what shape of 2wapworld you would like to see..? Note: Please avoid criticism, be positive as well as honest. Many critical comments I've read before. So only suggestions please.
#3
There must be relaxation in banning a user. In past its seen mod ban users for there personal issue. as like he/she dont like tht user to come up.. This what hurts a users and he/she leaves the site with a good bye for ever..
#4
Yes, u r right bro.
ABHIRAJ: There must be relaxation in banning a user. In past its seen mod ban users for there personal issue. as like he/she dont like tht user to come up.. This what hurts a users and he/she leaves the site with a good bye for ever..
#5
Thanks brother, I was expecting, the way u explored the important points.
outlaw: "avoid criticism, be positive as well as honest"... sorry, can't be honest without some criticism. Where have you read these critical comments btw? Can you point me to some? I mean I've read them too but they're gone as soon as they're posted. Since you're asking for honesty, this was the only thing I was gonna suggest. That maybe staff attitudes to criticism oughta change. Everything else is good. Great updates being done. What I don't understand is, user feedback is overwhelmingly positive. Yet staff members these days are acting like there is some kind of crisis going on, some kind of conspiracy to destroy 2wap with "negative remarks". So much so that you guys feel the need to add these little notes to your topics to avoid what you call "insulting and off-topic comments". Now please be mature and let my comment stay. Thanks.
#7
Eeprom: more relaxation on the banning etc plus thow the F**cking profanity filters in the bin its 2016 ffs! I swear in public i wanna swear online evenmore
I agree on relaxation of banning users.. maximum ban a user should get for his offence should be limited to 24hours only. banning for few hours is good, so that people get some time to calm down and get back to normalcy. banning shouldn't be an option to punish someone. it should only be to avoid fights. forums sites are bound to get critical posts from users with different opinions. and it may sometime lead to insults and fights between users.
#8
I agree with you brother.
haris: I agree on relaxation of banning users.. maximum ban a user should get for his offence should be limited to 24hours only. banning for few hours is good, so that people get some time to calm down and get back to normalcy. banning shouldn't be an option to punish someone. it should only be to avoid fights. forums sites are bound to get critical posts from users with different opinions. and it may sometime lead to insults and fights between users.
#10
Eeprom: more relaxation on the banning etc plus thow the F**cking profanity filters in the bin its 2016 ffs! I swear in public i wanna swear online evenmore
We will look into enabling an adult forum where you can post without the profanity filter. This could be made automatically available to users over 18 in their profile.
#11
outlaw: Since you're asking for honesty, this was the only thing I was gonna suggest. That maybe staff attitudes to criticism oughta change. Everything else is good. Great updates being done. What I don't understand is, user feedback is overwhelmingly positive. Yet staff members these days are acting like there is some kind of crisis going on, some kind of conspiracy to destroy 2wap with "negative remarks". So much so that you guys feel the need to add these little notes to your topics to avoid what you call "insulting and off-topic comments".
It seems like long ago some mod or admin thought it'd be a good idea to write such warnings in their topic as a kind of mantra to ward off evil spirits, and it sort of became part of the culture. I agree it's something that needs to be cut out as it implies the expectation of negative posts, which isn't cool.
#12
haris: I agree on relaxation of banning users.. maximum ban a user should get for his offence should be limited to 24hours only. banning for few hours is good, so that people get some time to calm down and get back to normalcy. banning shouldn't be an option to punish someone. it should only be to avoid fights. forums sites are bound to get critical posts from users with different opinions. and it may sometime lead to insults and fights between users.
We can look into adjusting the ban tool so only a certain range of fixed-time bans can be used, rather than an arbitrary period written by the staff member. Disgreements are to be expected in forums sometimes, we have to be wise to allow for these while deterring unwarranted harassment or personal insults.
#13
Ragnorak: We will look into enabling an adult forum where you can post without the profanity filter. This could be made automatically available to users over 18 in their profile.
There is RLZ for swearing.
#16
outlaw: "avoid criticism, be positive as well as honest"... sorry, can't be honest without some criticism. Where have you read these critical comments btw? Can you point me to some? I mean I've read them too but they're gone as soon as they're posted. Since you're asking for honesty, this was the only thing I was gonna suggest. That maybe staff attitudes to criticism oughta change. Everything else is good. Great updates being done. What I don't understand is, user feedback is overwhelmingly positive. Yet staff members these days are acting like there is some kind of crisis going on, some kind of conspiracy to destroy 2wap with"negative remarks". So much so that you guys feel the need to add these little notes to your topics to avoid what you call"insulting and off-topic comments". Now please be mature and let my comment stay. Thanks.
Well said outlaw smiley
#18
outlaw: How about a health/fitness forum?
There is support for this idea. If there are a few members willing to help build the forum it could be a useful resource. I think this is one forum where copy/paste topics would be welcome.

Log in or join to reply.