When I was young I thought the secret to popularity was to be as impressive as possible so people would want to talk to me.
Instead they thought I was arrogant.
Then I examined what made me want to befriend someone, and I learned that I'd had it all backwards. The real secret to popularity is not to be impressive, but to be impressed.
I spend an entire conversation asking questions, saying "wow" and "that's so interesting" and "you know so much about this do you mind telling me more?"
I don't even need to say a word about myself; it's so much less work. Now people call me "down-to-earth", they all want to be my friend, even if the only thing they know about me is that I make them feel validated.
Everybody - from ages 1 to 100 - wants to be impressive. So let them be, and they will gravitate towards you.
Secret of being likable
Very nice
Sometimes when you down to earth with people, they tend to use and abuse you too because you seem vulnerable...
sky2k: Sometimes when you down to earth with people, they tend to use and abuse you too because you seem vulnerable...
Absolutely true Nico.sky2k: Sometimes when you down to earth with people, they tend to use and abuse you too because you seem vulnerable...
yes, very true. Things like this makes us a guarded person in future. I am just what i am so
Love me or leave me
True talk
jacki: I am just what i am so
Love me or leave me
Everyone loves you here sis. love u swty
Georginia: Everyone loves you here sis.
For making my topic 'TOD'
ur welcome sweety, u deserve it.
Me too, i love u all so muchjacki: I am just what i am so
Love me or leave me
You are so sweet like Indian Jalebi. No one would like to leave, but would like to love.saahir:
You are so sweet like Indian Jalebi. No one would like to leave, but would like to love.
w0w! Thanx swty i love indian food and i love u2For as long as you are true to yourself, and other people, you will be likeable. People will always know where they stand with you, and not wonder what falsehoods may lurking inside you
I could never Be like this.Saying "wow" and asking dumb questions just to get under someone's skin just to Be popular?!
Love me or hate me,I don't care bit If You like me,atleast like me for what I truelly am.