Hello, friends!
I used to be a regular here - maybe 10 years ago?
I see that many have left 🙁 But some I recognise are still here! 🙂
I’ve got a little private celebration coming up... On September 8th 2018, at 10AM British time, it will be exactly one (1) year I stopped smoking.
If this doesn’t sound like a big deal - well, I must add that before that I was an addicted smoker for 40 (yes, 4 decades) years. I started smoking as a kid, it was the times back then when you just did.
I decided to make a change when my health concerning my heart and lungs noticeably declined.
A year ago, while smoking the last cigarette, I sometimes walked 6 miles, and it had become a big thing to do that because I lost my breath and felt ill. Now, after a year of no smoking, I walk 16 miles and don’t even make half the effort to do that.
I can breathe again, and my heartbeat I don’t even notice!
Another thing...I wake up in the morning not coughing, not suffocating, and - having to get up because I must use the toilet. - Smoking constipates you permanently, you need to smoke to be able to use the toilet. By not smoking for a year, my body has gone back to its normal, healthy functions like when I was a kid.
If you’re young, my honest recommendation is, don’t start smoking; but if you’re young and have started - stop now, don’t wait 40 years!
No longer smoking, even after almost a lifetime, is the best thing I’ve done for myself in a long, long time!
It takes two days to get over the worst withdrawal, and then things begin to look marvellous!
Smoking Or Not Smoking
6 replies
121 views
Very Good !!!
Many number gave you for that topic
Good courageous efforts..nice for your good health. .l dont smoke att all..nice advise..thanks
Congrats brother to get rid of you smoking habit and
back
wow Themouse is topics are still on the top....very good...👍👍
Crocodile: wow Themouse is topics are still on the top....very good...👍👍
wow Themouse topics are still on the top....very good...👍👍