2WAP

Sleeping paralysis

12 replies 126 views
I am just curious to know if anyone here has experienced sleeping paralysis before and if yes how do you cope with it .For those who don't know sleep paralysis is a temporary inability to move or speak that occurs when you're waking up or falling asleep. If you've had such experience please share how do you cope with it,do you have any trick how to wake up or do you feel it's gonna happen , for example I experience such episodes when I am too tired or when I fall asleep on my back ,or I even had such experience when I was on the bus traveling home.So , please share your views or your knowledge on this topic. Thank you for your attention.emo14#
#1
outlaw: Do you also see things, or feel like someone is holding you down? Just curious.
Sometimes , like there's something sitting on my chest . Once I saw black shadow staring at me , sometimes it can be pretty scary tho. Recently I am just unable to move and I am out of breath , and have this feeling if I fall asleep I will not wake up. Then I start to panic and I somehow manage to wake up .
#2
Lelsi: Sometimes , like there's something sitting on my chest . Once I saw black shadow staring at me , sometimes it can be pretty scary tho. Recently I am just unable to move and I am out of breath , and have this feeling if I fall asleep I will not wake up. Then I start to panic and I somehow manage to wake up .
always wear loose cloths while sleeping and don't keep ur hands on ur chest
#3
As a child i used to have frequent attacks of sleep paralysis.. it feels like being crushed under something heavy.. I dont see things.. Last attack was a few months ago.. I dont panic ..I am used to them now.. I just try to fall asleep again smiley
#4
I had no idea that this kind of disorder exists, I know people who have felt this.
Lelsi: Sometimes , like there's something sitting on my chest . Once I saw black shadow staring at me , sometimes it can be pretty scary tho. Recently I am just unable to move and I am out of breath , and have this feeling if I fall asleep I will not wake up. Then I start to panic and I somehow manage to wake up .
#5
EpIcInCoGnItO: I had no idea that this kind of disorder exists, I know people who have felt this.
Brother in Hindi we call "Nind me Dabana". In summer I frequently feel same attack only on specific place in my house.,..
#7
Nicely put
Libra: I keep hearing about this, people who have to deal with it. I had something similar only once and scared me to death. I did a research on the Internet and it's linked to many things also sleeping disorders and stress. With your work and schedule it's obvious it may be a cause for these problems plus the problems that life gifts us always just in case we're too okay... but if it's something that persists, you must see a doctor in my opinion. It's easy to give an advice but you know bettersmiley You keep helping others and neglecting yourself in the end your body and mind starts demanding everything of what was deprived of...
#9
Happens whenever i feel sleepy but i have to open my eyes to complete my documentation.. And i automatically falls asleep n later Feels like someone is sitting over my chest and i cant either move a bit or shout for a help..
#12
The Science Behind It- So, basically when you sleep, your brain gives a command to your body's voluntary muscles to relax and go into a state of paralysis, which is called atonia. This restricts your physical movements in your dreams, thereby, helping protect the body from any external injury. In any sleep behavior disorder or during nightmares, atonia does not occur properly and the voluntary muscles move while the mind remains asleep, which is why people can do crazy things in their sleep, like sleep walk , and be totally unaware of it. In sleep paralysis, however, the opposite happens. The body remains paralyzed while the brain awakens. You are alert and conscious, but are unable to move voluntary muscles. This is often accompanied by a sensation of chest pressure; this is the reason why many people also wake up from sleep paralysis gasping for breath. 2. It also, more often than not, is accompanied with a feeling of dread—as if you're slowly dying. This is why when you finally wake up, you feel as if you woke up from the dead. Reiterating the same, this is what a fellow sufferer said when she shared her sleep paralysis story on this

Log in or join to reply.