The WHO (World Health Organisation) has published a report classing processed red meats such as bacon, sausages and ham as confirmed carcinogens, increasing the risk of bowel cancer by 18% if consumed regularly. It's not just these products that have been marked as unhealthy however - all other red meats have been ranked as "probably carcinogenic", something that has long been suspected.
If you eat red meat, will this news cause you to think twice about your eating habits? Or are you already glad to be a vegetarian?
It's official - meat increases the risk of cancer
Good Info,yep I'm starting to think twice about my eating habits now,maybe I'll stick to Chicken for a while...
Yes, its true that red meat is harmful to health, risk of suffering cancer of course.
Ouch. I love my red meat
outlaw: So "percent increase" means an increase from say 5 percent risk to 5.9 percent risk, right? Not 5+18 = 23%? It took me a while to understand these things. When I read that smoking increases lung cancer by 2500%, I was all kinds of confused. I thought 100% percent means I will definitely get cancer, so 2500% increase means what, I'll die of 25 kinds of cancer?
Yes, 18% increase means out of 110 people who eat processed red meat 1 extra person will develop cancer due to their diet. Doesn't sound like a lot but if you scale it up to the population of a country with 11 million meat-eaters then that's an extra 100,000 people getting cancer who could have avoided it, and many more who are less healthy inside than they could be.I like sausages.... .cry.
i m pure vegitarian !! lol
Thats very true '
I'm a vegetarian so no comment lol
yeah good info bro, I watch this on tv health news, b4 I always buy sausage and ham, now stop eating that kind things including KFC,MC.
70% agree with you,keep vegetables 30mins in warm water with turmeric powder will reduce 50% chemical.
Fortunately I've been eating less red meat for some years now. In fact ever since I knew how strictly vegetarian you are, I've been trying to cut down on red meat. These days I probably only have red meat 2-4 times per month, or less.
Oh. Pretty soon. Is that a fact. I don't think I ever have since you knew how strictly vegetarian I am you have been trying to cut down on red meat. What's it like? Which ones?
Conscious food habit can keeps us away from many diseases!
Eat the following instead if u feel like eating meat.. Liver, Kidney, intestine... They aren't harmful unlike red meat.....
Everything seems to increase your chance of catching something or another these days. While taking steps to maintain your health is important, as a general rule I would balance that with doing and eating what you enjoy ... within reason.
Eating too much of anything is bad, Im a vegetarian though.
Oh. Are they exactly the same?