2WAP

Depression during Hospital Admission

9 replies 87 views
It's been 1 week 1 day that I've been admitted to the hospital. Reason? Because of PPROM. Water broke too early, 27 weeks smiley I can't even walk much, the nurses and doctors FORBID that. and I'm always hungry. Extremely hungry. smiley They serve meals very late.. I feel like I'm a prisoner in this hospital. I'm over rest smiley All I do all day is eat, sleep, and toilet. Seriously. I get fed up. smiley Have you ever been admitted to a hospital long enough to cause you depress?
#2
It can be hella frustrating but they are merely being careful chica, and since you are going to be there for a little while longer you may as well rest, no? To allow your body to recover fully. Have they given you a date when they will likely release you?
#5
You're in the safest place, but I hope your visitors remember to bring you enough extra food. I remember having to spend a couple of weeks in hospital as a kid when I had a stomach bug, couldn't eat anything for several days and I got a bit stressed though boredom at one point so they gave me a TV to keep me quiet.
#7
Have you ever been hospitalised for 7 months? Lost all sense of life? Been ridiculed by nursing staff and fellow patients because of your condition? Had to listen each and every day to how much longer other's predict of how much longer you would breathe? Of the doctors that bypass your bed? The nightstaff that don't bother to give you even half a cup of tea, cause you probably won't be there in the morning anymore? Small personal things that disappear, coz you'll never need it again? I can tell you all about hospitalisation. And then some....

Log in or join to reply.