SanDisk launch largest ever capacity SD card with 512GB of storage
SD cards have a lot of use and can be found in a variety of electronic devices, such as cameras. SD cards come in a variety of storage sizes, depending on your needs, but if you were looking for the biggest capacity you can find, SanDisk has you covered as the company has recently announced the 512GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I memory card. Yup, you read that right, this is an SD card that not only is the standard size of an SD card, but it will hold half a terabyte worth of data! This makes it the world's largest SD card, although Lexar was the one who took that crown back in 2012 with their 256GB SD card, but we guess that crown now belongs to SanDisk. According to SanDisk, this 512GB SD card will be catered to professional photographers and videographers who plan to shoot in high resolution images and videos, such as 4K, in which they will probably need and appreciate the storage as it means less swapping out of memory cards while in the field. Unfortunately the SD card does not come cheap as SanDisk.
SanDisk launch largest ever capacity SD card with
8 replies
88 views
thnx for d info itz gud 
It is about 4255 HKD or 424 Euro, whether this is "crazy" or not is up to the individual ...
Opium: It is about 4255 HKD or 424 Euro, whether this is "crazy" or not is up to the individual ...
this individual thinks its cray-cray. That would be over R5000 , give or take a few rands. You can buy 5 tb external hard drives with that. I guess most people use tablets and smartphones. ethereal:
this individual thinks its cray-cray. That would be over R5000 , give or take a few rands. You can buy 5 tb external hard drives with that. I guess most people use tablets and smartphones.
Actually you can buy two 5tb external hard drives and still have more or less 1000 HKD left over Opium:
Actually you can buy two 5tb external hard drives and still have more or less 1000 HKD left over 
meant 5 1tb hard drives . But 2 5tb makes more sense anyway. 10tb's instead of 5. Clever lady ethereal:
meant 5 1tb hard drives . But 2 5tb makes more sense anyway. 10tb's instead of 5. Clever lady 
I try ... and once in a while I even manage to succeed at it Opium:
I try ... and once in a while I even manage to succeed at it 
once in a while? Nah. Often actually. I want one?