2WAP

Keeping things from your partner

16 replies 182 views
We all know that honesty in a relationship is vitally important because it gives us the assurance that we can trust and rely on the person we love. And when you are in relationship, you are supposed to share everything with your partner, dreams,worries, tension, fears, thoughts. However,some things are better left bottled up inside of you, like when you know that honesty may hurt your partner. Is it ever justifiable to keep some things from your partner, for their own good, when you know that truth will hurt them more? Does honouring trust and honesty in relationship require the whole truth?
#1
My personal experiences say that somethings are better bottled up. If those thoughts are shared they may most probably cause a scar in the partners heart for sometime or forever. Keeping things bottled up not easy as it really keeps you frustrated all the time and makes you lonely but for the sake of keeping her happy I stay silent. Just hope she reads my eyes soon.
#2
EpIcInCoGnItO: My personal experiences say that somethings are better bottled up. If those thoughts are shared they may most probably cause a scar in the partners heart for sometime or forever. Keeping things bottled up not easy as it really keeps you frustrated all the time and makes you lonely but for the sake of keeping her happy I stay silent. Just hope she reads my eyes soon.
That's exactly my point of view brosmileysometimes I will remain silent for the sake of his happiness, even if it hurt me inside- I can overcome it but I cannot overcome and forgive myself if I hurt him.
#4
princess_nisha: never keep any secrets fr0m y0ur partner that 0nly dest0ry a relati0nship.a partner always wishes f0r y0u t0 be h0nest.n0 matter what ever pr0blem 0r pers0nal secret u have share it with y0ur partner,its either he undrstand y0ur pr0blem
I don`t mean to keep some big secrets from your partner, for example if you cheat on your partner and decide to keep it for yourself because telling him what you`ve done will hurt him(of course it will hurt him!), it is unfair and he needs to know that truth , coz sooner or later he would find out. I`m talking about that small things which we decide to keep for ourselves, because either your partner need you to be his support at that moment and need to get all the attention, or when you know that telling them those little things may hurt them. Everyone wish others to be honest with them, but there are some moments when honesty is overrated.
#5
I agree I would also keep things like someones feelings about my partner that would hurt if they said hurtful things if it was good things said then I would tell him I would never keep big secrets from him
#10
Well, In relationship, I do not think you have a right to keep information from your mate. if there is something that you did while you are with your partner then you need to be honest with your partner. If you did something and you know what you did was wrong then he/she has a right to know. (Yes, the information may hurt them to know or it may hurt you if they know. I will say that I think it is more often the case that a person will not tell their partner something, not because it will hurt the other person but more so because they are worried it will cause them self problems or hurts or loss. Sort of like cheating. Is the cheater more worried about hurting the other person or are they really worried that it will hurt them if the other person knows?) but If you keep a secret from your partner for something that you did while you are with him then your relationship will be based on a lie. If you are an honest person then no matter how much you don't want to tell your partner the truth because you don't want to hurt him/her then your secret will eat you alive. And the day will come when you will have to tell him the truth. The longer you wait to tell him/her the truth the harder it will be for them to forgive you.
#11
When you are in a relationship with someone, you what to keep the relationship alive by opening up to the one you love deeply in your heart. By keeping something like a secrete will eat you up inside and may kill your relationship. To tell you the truth, that was the worst mistake that I ever made by not opening up to my past relationship. I have to say it was a learning experience that I hope that it will not happen again.
#14
Agreed with you brosmiley
adamjr: When you are in a relationship with someone, you what to keep the relationship alive by opening up to the one you love deeply in your heart. By keeping something like a secrete will eat you up inside and may kill your relationship. To tell you the truth, that was the worst mistake that I ever made by not opening up to my past relationship. I have to say it was a learning experience that I hope that it will not happen again.
#15
Whether one does or doesn't would depend on the context would it not, It isn't as if there is a single answer to fit all possible variations. Keeping secrets has consequences, telling the truth has consequences. One simply needs to make peace with one in any given situation

Log in or join to reply.