2WAP

26 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Drugs???

11 replies 70 views
Drug Addiction starts out as a casual, sometimes social, activity and escalates. A look at the risk before one gets too far, from one who has lived through it. 1. Drugs are stimulants and gives its user a false sense of limitless power and energy 2. When drugs wear off, or you come down, you become depressed, edgy and craving for more 3. Feelings of restlessness, irritability, mood swings, sleeplessness and weight loss 4. Emotional problems 5. Isolation from family and friends 6. psychosis, paranoia, anxiety, disorders and delusions 7. Cocaine damages the inside of the nose 8. Inflamed nasal passage 9. Increase risk of hepatitis and HIV 10. Severe respiratory infections 11. Heart attack, chest pain, respiratory failure 12. Strokes, abdominal pain and nausea 13. A change in behavior 14. Keeps you broke 15. Lose interest in school, family and any activities outside of getting high 16. Affects your eating habits; depending on the drug: can cause weight loss or gain 17. Become withdrawn, tired and careless about personal appearance 18. Lose interest in holding a job 19. Tempts you to steal 20. May even tempt you to kill someone 21. The substance controls you, you do not control it 22. It is a device used to shorten your life span 23. It is poisonous and slowly kills you 24. Eats up the brain cells 25. It makes you do things that you thought you would never do 26. It steals your identity.
#9
Hi, well I'm a drug addict, a recovering drug addict and I've been sober/clean for 3 years now. And,what I do to stay away from my drug of choice is to not expose myself to it, and to also steer clear of anyone who uses this drug/s.But, when you take a look at the cold hard facts? Drugs are always going to be around..you can't run and you can't hide from them, there always going to be there. You just have to do your best to NOT want to use, and change your ways of thinking and keep your mind occupied with something else other than drugs. I know it sounds so easy coming from me... but I have done good so far with my own recovery, and I never thought that possible. NEVER!! I do take a medication that helps me a lot with my cravings, the mental cravings anyway... it's not Methadone, I got severely addicted to Methadone and was taking up to 60 pills a day. I was given Methadone for lupus pain, it sure did help my pain alright..smiley. But,honestly..... a person can go to an NA meeting, this helps with support, and hearing a person can hear about others addictions and how they were able to control their addiction, and some have relapsed and over came that again. Listen...drugs are always going to be there, but it's up to you on how you deal with it. Anyways thanks for the information.

Log in or join to reply.