Windows uses 20% of your bandwidth Here's how to Get it back
A nice little tweak for XP. Microsoft reserve 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes (suspect for updates and interrogating your machine etc..)
Here's how to get it back:
Click Start . >Run . >type "gpedit.msc" without the "
This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:
Local Computer Policy . >Computer Configuration . >Administrative Templates . >Network . >QOS Packet Scheduler . >Limit Reservable Bandwidth
Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :
"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."
So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO.
This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.
I have tested on XP Pro,other o/s not tested.
Please give me feedback about your results
Increase ur bandwith by 20%
13 replies
205 views
-gap . peace2-
aaah. . .. .neva mind. . ..
Alright then
Tweak . .tryin
Never mind
Tried this on a pc running xp home sp3, but when I tried to run gpedit.msc it just gives a error saying windows cannot find gpedit.msc
Tel me more
black-heart: Tried this on a pc running xp home sp3, but when I tried to run gpedit.msc it just gives a error saying windows cannot find gpedit.msc
maybe it is due to a virus cuz it is thre in win (all versions).Yeah I guess you're right, I did it on another pc and it worked, thanks
WIL DO
cool
let's try it!