Moons orbit is not an exact circle. Its almost circular. So when the moon is closest towards earth, should earth's gravitational force on moon be stronger resulting in a spiral down fall and eventaly moon crashing on the earth?
Why doesn't the moon fall on earth?
10 replies
105 views
The Moon is pulled down to
Earth by the Earth's gravity,
but it has enough speed that it
remains in its orbit.
I think that's what's gonna happen, probably on December 21st, 2012. But I know a hollow tree stump to hide in, so I'll be safe.
Who would be the first to die then? Lol
maybe i may wana bring em dwn, nice info u got there
I take dis as a mere conjecture
Koz of centrifugal force
I think it would never crash
coz,it is move on its axit by grvitational force!!
Abeg o,we can't make it o,if it happens