2WAP

Love me

9 replies 90 views
LOVE ME by Collin Raye I read a note my grandma wrote back in 1923 Grandpa kept in his coat,and he showed it once to me He said "Boy,you might not understand but a long,long tym ago, Grandma's daddy didn't like me none but I love your grandma so We had this crazy plan to meet and run away together Get married in the first town we came to and live forever But nailed to the tree where we supposed to meet instead I found this letter,and this is what it said: "If u get there before I do Don't give up on me I'll meet you when my chores are through I don't know how long I'll be But I'm not gonna let you down Darling wait and see And between now and then I'll be loving you "love me" I read those words just hours before my grandma passed away In the doorway of the church where me and Grandpa stopped to pray I know I've never seen him cry in all my fifteen years But as he said these words to her,his eyes fill up wid tears "If u get there before I do Don't give up on me I'll meet you when my chores are through I don't know how long I'll be But I'm not gonna let you down Darling wait and see And between now and then I'll be loving you love me"..

Log in or join to reply.