Today in the morning, I was walking around. I saw a black cat crossing the road. Two people coming from behind stopped there only. They stood there I think around 10-15 minutes until another person came and went. I was astonished to see it. This made me reminded of many superstitions, which our society follows. Here are some evergreen Indian superstitions!
! ! ~SuPeRSTiTiOnS~ ! !
37 replies
388 views
1).Do not ever leave home without consulting an astrologer. Rahu and Ketu, two ominous planets, are waiting to ruin things for you. Wait for the shubh mahurat, based on the Hindu calendar. This also holds true for weddings, naming ceremonies, housewarming rites and everything in life! Then keep waiting
2). Consult a horoscope before getting your children married. Go ahead only if the virtues and gunas match perfectly.
3). A dog howling at night chills the blood-a portent of approaching death –ghost- 4). A new bride is judged by the fortunes or misfortunes that occur in her new family for a year after marriage. She enters her new home putting her right foot first.And what if she’s fratured her right foot.
5).A barber shop remains closed on Tuesday as hair is not cut on that day. 6).Nails should not be cut at night for fear of evil spirits
7).Twitching of the eye is highly inauspicious.8).Its also believed that the number 13 is unlucky, but look at me m 13th born
So should I also consider myself to be unlucky.
even in Pakistan large number of people are superstitious.. according to my view we shouldnt be superstitious and just believe on ourselves and the God who ll make everything good for us
Oh, we Filipin0s are rich in superstitious beliefs m0st especially in the pr0vince. For me, its n0t bad to f0llow th0se beliefs. After all, you will n0t lost anything if you believe in them.
I started a similar thread long ago..I dont believe in such things..I only believe God the almighty.
Infact, unforgivenToo... I LOVE THIS TOPIC... Kudos to u, superstitions belief are all over the nooks & crooks of every nations in the world... Even in the so called holy lands.. Cos every nation with her variety of culture or ethnic group had a tradition originated 4rm a definite source......... let me take a breath, 2be continue shortly...
Here in Nigeria, there are different culture & ethnic group, each has its own superstition belief.. To share mine.. Its a taboo 4 a man to met his death in his inlaws home! The body must be escaped thru window! Else calamity occurs..... Kings shouldn't see dead bodies or hair of new born baby, a taboo! A widow must be given to any siblings of her death husband... A popular traditional rites... 2be continue...
Just to mention afew, civilisation is the motto of every nation NOW!!! Hence, religious leader all over the globe are winning souls daily & these belief are gradually declining! BUT TILL WHEN WILL THESE BELIEF WILL COMPLETELY VANISHED IS THE QUESTION TOO BE ASKED? I strongly belief in the ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF ALL THINGS(GOD).... Superstition belief must completely be washed away in every nation... And we should serve & believe the LIVING GOD.
Thanks Ajjbola, for your valuable comments. Nice work. I really appreciate them. . 
In Nigeria,we believe when sun is shining-sun-and rain is falling
that means a li0ness has given birth
Err... No comment
Lol, i dnt believe in superstitions!
superstition can really go into plain supidity.
Hey ppl please note my question is do you follow the superstition or not? And should we keep following them or abolish them completely from the society.?
Don't have strong believes for supersti.....
We have so many superstitous beliefs especially 4rm my own Yoruba tribe nd no typical Yoruba kinsman dare violates d beliefs. They cant be abolished cos dey are guiding rules 4 individuals in d society dat keeps us against doing wrong things,it is dose that do nt has conscience dat goes against nd nemesis shall surely catch up with dem at d end!
But its just stories i never seen a person or heard of a person that god bad luck just many difrent believes
Dude stop posting that things you might scare some 2wappers that believes in those things